Question:How to upgrade the AVW-6555 main firmware
- Download the Firmware file as directed by Avocor – select the relevant product from https://www.avocor.com/support/ and then select firmware.
- Rename the firmware file to Merge.bin
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB stick
- Insert the USB key into the Service Port as below:
- From the on-screen menu using the remote, select advance settings and scroll to the second page
- Select Firmware Update(USB)
- Select Yes to start the Firmware update
- After a few minutes, the firmware update will be complete and the screen will reset
- From the on-screen menu using the remote, select Advance Settings and scroll to the second page
- Select Restore Factory Default and select Yes
- Once complete, cycle the power to the screen (power down, turn rocker switch off, leave off for approx. 30 seconds and then fully power up the unit)
- You will need to enter your personalised settings.