Please note that supported languages are OS languages. The handwriting recognition tool will use the language of your operating system, not the language OKTOPUS is currently running.
To turn on handwriting recognition (Windows XP, Vista and 7):
- Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > ‘Turn Windows Features on or off’
- Tick ‘Tablet PC Components’, press OK
- You will need Administrator access to enable the Tablet PC Components and may require your Windows installation media.
To turn on handwriting recognition (Windows 8 and 10):
- Click Start > Type ‘Language’ > Click ‘Edit Language and Keyboard Options’
- Click ‘Options’ beside your system language
- Windows may inform you that a language pack is available to download. If so, download and install it. If not, then handwriting recognition is either already enables, or not available for your language
- Restart OKTOPUS, and handwriting recognition should now work